The following links lead you to other services and information that may be of interest to you and your family in your short and long-term care plans of action.
Federal Government Links
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Administration for Community Living
- National Center on Elder Abuse
- National Institute on Aging (NIA) Alzheimer’s Disease Education and Referral Center
- U.S. Social Security Administration
- National Institute on Aging
- Official US Government Site for Medicare
- Eldercare Locator
Non Government Organization Links
- Middle Peninsula Northern Neck Community Services Board
- A Place for Mom
- Insight Enterprises, Inc.
- Senior Advocate
- ARCH National Respite Network and Resource Center
- National Child Traumatic Stress Network
- Virginia Community Action Partnership (VACAP)
- National Adult Day Services Association (NADSA)
- The Mesothelioma Group
- Independent Living: Resources and Funding Strategies for Making Homes Accessible
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Support Network (RASN)
- Consumer Voice
- Aging in Place
- Parkinson’s Foundation
The Virginia Senior Medicare Patrol’s (SMP) mission is to empower and assist Medicare beneficiaries, their families, and caregivers to prevent, detect, and report health care fraud, errors, and abuse through outreach, counseling, and education. The Virginia SMP works with local AAA’s and volunteers to provide information, conduct educational presentations and attend events to share information with the public.
Fraud Hotline: 1-800-938-8885
SMP Website: www.VirginiaSMP.com.